We’ve found that while people are interested in a custom blend for their hair, not everyone feels confident enough to pick the oils on their own. To that end, we are creating a suggested custom blend each month. You’ll be able to order past blends at any time, or add or subtract oils as you prefer! These are just suggestions of ways to blend some of our many oils into our 1/2 ounce or 4 ounce custom oil blends.
You can see all of the past featured oil blends of the month in our blog:
Want each new oil delivered right to your door every month? Check out our Signature Oil Subscription Program!
In Critical Role, after Vax has been chosen as the Champion of the Raven Queen and he and Percy each pay visits to her temple, Percy gives Vax a brooch cast from a raven skull. Inside the skull is myrhh, sandalwood, opium, and dragon’s blood (Ep57, 3:33:47).
This blend captures the scent of these arcane components, blending together deep incense with a hint of poppy flowers. To purchase the 4 ounce version, use this listing:
Base Oil: Dragon’s blood resin infused fractionated coconut oil
Secondary Oils: Borage, Argan
Essential Oils: Dragon’s blood resin, Myrrh, Sandalwood, Ravensara , Wild Orange, Jasmine, Neroli, Patchouli
Aroma: A deep, heady incense with a crush of poppy flowers.
Application: 1-2 drops of oil in the hands and massage into damp hair.
• Coconut oil fractionated- Coconut oil is excellent as a skin moisturizer and softener. A study shows that extra virgin coconut oil is effective and safe when used as a moisturizer, with absence of adverse reactions. A study found that coconut oil helped prevent protein loss from the wet combing of hair when used for fourteen hours as a conditioner before washing the hair.
• Borage Oil- Borage is also sometimes known as starflower, and grows wildly in many parts of the world. The use of borage in various medications dates back at least to Roman times, during which several writers described the mysterious healing properties of borage leaves (steeped in wine, which may also have contributed to said ‘healing properties’.) Borage oil is extracted from the seeds of the borage plant, and its essential ingredient has been found to be gamma linolenic acid, commonly known as GLA, which is an essential fatty acids. One experiment found that skin creams which contained borage oil were markedly more effective in replenishing dry, damaged skin than those creams which contained no borage. These results have been taken as evidence that borage oil proves a replenishing effect on the skin and hair, and is able to restore moisture and elasticity where it had previously been lost.
• Argan oil, dubbed as Miracle oil; extracted from kernels of Argan fruit by crushing, is swiftly taking the place of other natural oils for hair protection and treatment. Argan oil contains tocopherols (vitamin E), phenols, carotenes, squalene, and fatty acids, making it both light and great for brittle hair.
• Dragon’s Blood Resin- Dragon’s blood is a resin produced by the rattan palm tree, Daemonorops draco. Dragon’s blood resin is often burned as incense, and its deep red pigment is used as a varnish and a dye. The resin is still used where it is powdered down and used as an ink to write spells.
• Myrrh Essential Oil- The essential oil of Myrrh is extracted from the resin of Myrrh. Myrrh, in scientific nomenclature system, is called Commiphora Myrrha and is a native to Egypt. While the resin was in use in incenses and perfumes in ancient Egypt, the oil obtained from it was used for healings wounds in ancient Greece. Myrrh is an antimicrobial and astringent oil. It also helps promote circulation and soothes skin diseases such as eczema, ringworm, itches etc.
• Sandalwood Essential Oil- An anti-inflammatory with a warm woody scent, it soothes tender scalps and can help help heal eczema and psoriasis, soothe, shrink pimples and reduce dandruff.
• Ravensara Essential Oil- A slightly spicy, camphory, woody herbaceous essential oil with an awakening aroma. Ravensara is fantastic for healing bacterial scalp infections and helps clear skin blemishes.
• Orange (Wild) Essential Oil- A zesty citrus, crisp, strong aroma, Wild Orange is cheering, refreshing, uplifting, and comforting. Orange, like all citrus fruits, plays an important role in Chinese medicine.
• Neroli Essential Oil- With its light, citrusy scent, neroli has antibacterial properties that helps keep scalps healthy. Cytophylactic, it promotes the generation of new cells and stimulates the health of those already present.
• Patchoili Essential Oil- An oil with a earthy, smoky, spicy, and musky scent, it is an astringent, fungicide, astringent and deodorant, promoting a healthy scalp free of irritations and imperfections.