You can see all of the past featured oil blends of the month in our blog:
Want each new oil delivered right to your door every month? Check out our Signature Oil Subscription Program!
You can get a 1/2oz bottle here, or to purchase the 4oz version, use this listing:
This fall blend is both moisturizing and mildly astringent, making it perfect for the shifting weather of fall.
Base Oil: Safflower Oil
Secondary Oils: Walnut Oil, Hazelnut Oil
Essential Oils: Cypress, Balsam Fir, Sandalwood, Lavender, Bergamot, and Sage
Aroma: Crushed autumn leaves on a cool, dewy morning.
Application: 1-2 drops of oil in the hands and massage into damp hair or into the scalp.
• Safflower Oil- also known as Carthamus tinctorius, functions as an emollient when applied topically, helping to keep skin and hair hydrated and moisturized. Safflower oil is a source naturally high in the vitamin E antioxidant, which helps reduce surface roughness.
• Walnut Oil- A pale golden oil, it good moisturizing, anti-aging, regenerative, emollient and toning properties. Walnuts are unique among nuts because the essential fat they contain is primarily polyunsaturated (the source of omega-3 fatty acids.) as well as a host of other important vitamins and minerals. Walnut oil is a clear, grease-less, penetrating oil, that is a rich source of fatty acids.
• Hazelnut Oil- Considered valuable in giving facial and body massages. It has a high content of essential fatty acids like linoleic acid. Hazelnut oil has a very light, pleasing sweet aroma, which is also somewhat nutty. It is a highly unsaturated vegetable oil that boasts of its fine texture. Hazelnut oil provides numerous health benefits for which it is being increasingly preferred in the preparation of carrier oil blend. The best part about using this carrier oil is that, it does not leave an oily feel behind. The oil is also known to efficiently play the role of an astringent.
• Cypress Essential Oil- A fresh, green, evergreen aroma, balsamic undertones, cypress was planted outside Greek and Roman temples and used in purifying baths. A stimulating essential oil, it encourages increased circulation to the scalp and reduces oil production.
• Balsam Fir Essential Oil- A balsamic, sweet, fresh aroma that is both grounding and elevating. It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antiseptic, and stimulating properties.
• Sandalwood Essential Oil- An anti-inflammatory with a warm woody scent, it soothes tender scalps and can help help heal eczema and psoriasis, soothe, shrink pimples and reduce dandruff.
• Lavender Essential Oil– Enhances hair growth by stimulating the scalp. The name “lavender” is derived from the Latin lavare, meaning, “to wash” and was known as one of the seven polyvalents (effective against many toxins).
• Sage Essential Oil– A scalp soother and astringent, the herb is of ancient repute, valued as a culinary and medicinal plant – called herba sacra, ‘sacred herb’, by the Romans.