Since there will be a sale this weekend, and since the shop is closing early in December, I wanted to post December’s oil a little early so people didn’t miss out!
You can see all of the past featured oil blends of the month in our blog:
Want each new oil delivered right to your door every month? Check out our Signature Oil Subscription Program!
You can get a 1/2oz bottle here, or to purchase the 4oz version, use this listing:
A warm mug of chocolate in mittened hands is perfect for a cold, damp December day!
Base Oil: Fractionated Coconut Oil
Secondary Oils: Argan Oil, Borage Oil
Essential Oils: Cocoa, Peppermint, Vanilla Bourbon C02 extract, Sweet Orange
Aroma: Hot cocoa with marshmallows, stirred with a candy cane.
Application: 1-2 drops of oil in the hands and massage into damp hair or into the scalp.
• Coconut oil fractionated- Coconut oil is excellent as a skin moisturizer and softener. A study shows that extra virgin coconut oil is effective and safe when used as a moisturizer, with absence of adverse reactions. A study found that coconut oil helped prevent protein loss from the wet combing of hair when used for fourteen hours as a conditioner before washing the hair.
• Argan oil, dubbed as Miracle oil; extracted from kernels of Argan fruit by crushing, is swiftly taking the place of other natural oils for hair protection and treatment. Argan oil contains tocopherols (vitamin E), phenols, carotenes, squalene, and fatty acids, making it both light and great for brittle hair.
• Borage Oil- Borage is also sometimes known as starflower, and grows wildly in many parts of the world. The use of borage in various medications dates back at least to Roman times, during which several writers described the mysterious healing properties of borage leaves (steeped in wine, which may also have contributed to said ‘healing properties’.) Borage oil is extracted from the seeds of the borage plant, and its essential ingredient has been found to be gamma linolenic acid, commonly known as GLA, which is an essential fatty acids. One experiment found that skin creams which contained borage oil were markedly more effective in replenishing dry, damaged skin than those creams which contained no borage. These results have been taken as evidence that borage oil proves a replenishing effect on the skin and hair, and is able to restore moisture and elasticity where it had previously been lost.
• Cocoa Essential Oil– A nourishing essential oil that contains beneficial nutrients for your hair such as protein, riboflavin, vitamin A and thiamine. High in antioxidants and magnesium, it’s wonderful for skin and the scalp, too.
• Peppermint Essential Oil- Peppermint and it’s name has it’s roots in Greek mythology. Pluto – god of the dead – fell in love with Minthe, herself a beautiful nymph. Pluto’s goddess wife Persephone became jealous and turned Minthe into a plant, but out of respect for her beauty, she ensured that she would have a wonderful and fragrant aroma. Peppermint stimulates the scalp and aids circulation while soothing irritation.
• Orange (Sweet) Essential Oil- A zesty citrus, sweet, strong aroma, Sweet Orange is cheering, refreshing, uplifting, and comforting. Orange, like all citrus fruits, plays an important role in Chinese medicine.
• Vanilla Burbon CO2 Extract- Vanilla is not produced as pure essential oil. It is well advised to question the authenticity of Vanilla labeled pure essential oil. This soothing scent is perfect for relaxing and meditation.