You can see all of the past featured oil blends of the month in our blog.
Want each new oil delivered right to your door every month? Check out our Signature Oil Subscription Program!
You can get a 1/2oz bottle here, or to purchase the 4oz version, use this listing.
ôstar is an Old High German adverb that “expresses movement towards the rising sun.” This oil is perfect for spring, having a medium weight: the oil blend is light enough to absorb into the hair, but rich enough to prevent dryness.
Base Oil: Sunflower Oil
Secondary Oils: Evening Primrose Oil, Rosehip Oil, Sea Buckthorn Oil
Essential Oils: Gingergrass, Lavender, Lemongrass, Cedarwood, Ginger
Aroma: A dewy, fresh scent, like a sunlit garden after the rain.
Application: 1-2 drops of oil in the hands and massage into damp hair or into the scalp.
• Sunflower Oil Organic Cold–Pressed Unrefined– An oil wealthy in Oleic acids with high amounts of Vitamins A, D, and E, also has beneficial amounts of lecithin, and unsaturated fatty acids. Deeply nourishing and conditioning for the skin and hair it is a natural emollient (meaning it corrects scaling and dryness), by helping upraised skin and hair cells lay flat, helping to increase shine and keep in moisture. Cold-pressed oil, also called cold-drawn, or virgin, oil, is purer than oil expressed with the aid of heat and retains more of its natural benefits.
• Rose hip Oil- is extracted from the seeds contained in the intensely red berry-like fruits -or hips- of a wild rose-bush that grows in the cool, lush mountain rainy valleys of the southern Andes, in Chile. It is a superb hydrator with a high absorbing level, penetrating dry skin and hair almost instantly to restore a much needed moisture balance frequently lost by climatic and environmental conditions such as dryness and air toxicity.
• Evening Primrose Oil– This oil comes from the pressed the seeds of the Evening Primrose plant, Oenothera biennis . The yellow flowers only open in the evening, hence their common name. Evening Primrose Seed Oil is a rich source of gamma linoleic acid, an Omega 6 fatty acid and nourishes the scalp, hair, and even your nails.
•Sea Buckthorn Oil– So rich in vitamins and nutrients that it has been even speculated that the plant must have been cultivated by some ancient plant-breeder. A useful, highly prized, and specific oil typically used to treat damaged skin, ulcerations, scar tissue, wrinkles, eczema, burns, etc. Cold extracted from whole Sea Buckthorn berries, it is a moisturizing and anti-inflammatory, scalp soother. This oil is exceptionally rich in essential fatty acids, carotenes, tocopherols, and phytosterols.
• Gingergrass Essential Oil– A warming oil and anti-inflammatory, it increses circulation to the scalp. It has an array of lively green, citrus, slightly fruity, exotic sensual notes.
• Lavender Essential Oil– Enhances hair growth by stimulating the scalp. The name “lavender” is derived from the Latin lavare, meaning, “to wash” and was known as one of the seven polyvalents (effective against many toxins). Greeks and Romans perfumed their bathwater with lavender, burned lavender incense to appease their wrathful gods, and believed the scent of lavender to be soothing to untamed lions and tigers.
• Lemongrass Essential Oil- A heavy, lemony, green scent, this oil is widely used as an addition to bug repellents, and for its lemony aroma. Citral is known for its antimicrobial effects, and can help kill or suppress the growth of bacteria and fungi. It’s said that lemongrass oil’s quality is generally determined by its citral content. For those that suffer from hair loss, oily hair, and other scalp conditions, lemongrass oil may be beneficial, as it can help strengthen hair follicles.
• Cedarwood Essential Oil– Excellent for both hair and skin care. It balances oily skin, soothes and helps to heal skin rashes, reduces oil in hair and skin. Famed cedars of Biblical times (Lebanon cedar) provided one of the world’s earliest perfumes. Other ancient cultures used cedarwood for sarcophagi and palace and temple building material.
• Ginger Essential Oil– A spicy, warm, woody, with a deep earthy undertone, ginger is a clarifying and stimulating essential oil.