You can see all of the past featured oil blends of the month in our blog.
Want each new oil delivered right to your door every month? Check out our Signature Oil Subscription Program!
You can get a 1/2oz bottle here, or to purchase the 4oz version, use this listing.
Tolkien’s Sindarin words eryn, meaning ‘forest’, ethuil, meaning ‘spring’, or eth come together for a blend that is a soothing and rejuvinating as a walk in an elven forest.
Base Oil: Safflower Oil
Secondary Oils: Walnut Oil, Camelina Oil
Essential Oils: Elemi, Muhuhu, Sage, Balsam Fir, Bergamot
Aroma: Springtime in the Forest of Neldoreth: woody, green, with an edge bordering a sunlit meadow.
Application: 1-2 drops of oil in the hands and massage into damp hair or into the scalp.
• Safflower Oil- also known as Carthamus tinctorius, functions as an emollient when applied topically, helping to keep skin and hair hydrated and moisturized. Safflower oil is a source naturally high in the vitamin E antioxidant, which helps reduce surface roughness.
• Walnut Oil- A pale golden oil, it good moisturizing, anti-aging, regenerative, emollient and toning properties. Walnuts are unique among nuts because the essential fat they contain is primarily polyunsaturated (the source of omega-3 fatty acids.) as well as a host of other important vitamins and minerals. Walnut oil is a clear, grease-less, penetrating oil, that is a rich source of fatty acids.
• Camelina Oil was known as the “gold of pleasure” to Europeans not long ago. Rich in natural antioxidants, Omega-3 fatty acids, tocopherols, and high in vitamin E content; Camelina oil is truly under appreciated. Camelina oil also has incredibly high in both alpha-linolenic and linoleic acid contents, and proportions this large are more typically found in linseed oil and fish oil.
• Elemi Essential Oil- Created from the resin of Canarium luzonicum, Elemi is often used as a natural fragrence for beauty products, especially those that focus on rejuvenating the skin. It smells bright and crisp citrus with soft floral, slightly balsamic, spicy and herbaceous
• Muhuhu Essential Oil- Created from the resin of the Muhuhu Tree, it is often used for stress relief, acne, and for oily skin or scalps. It smells woody, balsamic, rich, sensual, smoky, sweet, slightly floral, similar vetiver notes.
• Sage Essential Oil– A scalp soother and astringent, the herb is of ancient repute, valued as a culinary and medicinal plant – called herba sacra, ‘sacred herb’, by the Romans
• Bergamot Essential Oil- Certain components of the essential oil of Bergamot are antibiotic and disinfectant in nature. They inhibit the growth of germs, virus and fungi. They also effectively prohibit infections, including those of the skin. It has a refreshing and natural scent and is also a tonic, meaning it tones up skin and muscles
• Balsam Fir Essential Oil- A balsamic, sweet, fresh aroma that is both grounding and elevating. It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antiseptic, and stimulating properties.