Frostnip is just shy of frostbite; Frostnip Berries Signature Oil Blend captures the first frost nipping at juniper berries. Icy and sweet, it’ll make you reach for your favorite sweater. Purchase either 1/2 ounce or 4 ounces! After the month is over you’ll be able to find it in our 1/2 Ounce Previous Signature Oil Blend listing and out 4 Ounce Previous Signature Oil Blend listing. You can also enjoy it as a mister!
Aroma: Ice over fresh juniper berries and a crisp, cold breeze.
Base Oil: Safflower Oil
Secondary Oils: Sweet Almond Oil, Meadowfoam Oil
Essential Oils: Juniper Berry, Eucalyptus, Oakmoss, Sage
Application: 1-2 drops of oil in the hands and massage into damp hair or into the scalp.
• Sweet Almond Oil- This pale golden oil is extracted from almond kernels. Apart from vitamin E it also contains vitamin D and other nutritious components including essential minerals such as magnesium, calcium and rich, natural fats. This oil is easily absorbed and will not clog pores, making it ideal for the scalp and face as well as hair.
• Meadowfoam Oil- Meadowfoam Oil is pressed from the seeds of Meadowfoam (Limnanthes alba), a plant which received its name because of its resemblance while in bloom to the white foam blowing on the ocean. Meadowfoam oil contains higher quality triglyceride levels when compared to other vegetable oils It also has amazing moisturizing and rejuvenating capabilities and is very stable, meaning it keeps a long time. When applied to the skin, it forms a moisture barrier and will assist the skin with preventing moisture loss. It is a key ingredient in many different products such as massage oils and lotions, facial creams, sunblock, hair and scalp products, cosmetics, body lotions, and shaving creams. In hair care products, it will add shine and moisture to the hair, and will remedy dry or damaged hair.
• Juniper Berry Essential Oil- A fresh, green, fruity scent with balsamic undertones, this essential oil is often used to purify the air.
• Eucalyptus Essential Oil- One of the oldest native medicines used in Australia. It is known now for its use in inhalants and vapor rubs, but is also soothing to an irritated scalp.
• Oakmoss Essential Oil- Earthy-rich notes of moss, with slight undertones of wood and pine with excellent tenacity. Reminiscent of a walk in an old forest. Oakmoss is both an antiseptic and a demulcent meaning that it both fights microbes while soothing irritated tissues. It is excellent at helping maintain the moisture and oil balance of skin, making it fantastic for scalps.
• Sage Essential Oil– A scalp soother and astringent, the herb is of ancient repute, valued as a culinary and medicinal plant – called herba sacra, ‘sacred herb’, by the Romans