Organic Senna ( Cassia Obovata ), will leave your hair glossy, stronger, thicker, dandruff-free, and healthy. Senna gives you all the benefits of henna without color results on dark hair tones. For those with light shades of hair such as blond, strawberry blond or grey hairs, the senna will color your hair and give you the perfect uplift to your natural hair tone.
Senna (Senna italica, Senna angustifolia) is often referred to by the outdated (science decided on a more accurate name) name Cassia Obovata, or the totally incorrect “neutral henna,” this golden-staining herb is often found in lighter red to golden-red blends. While the name “neutral henna” is misleading, it does share some similar lasting conditioning properties. Unlike henna, however, any conditioning or color imparted from senna tends to fade after a month or two.
You’ll find it leaves your hair with amazing shine and volume. Please note that senna CANNOT lighten your hair, only impart transparent golden tones to your natural color.
NightBlooming is proud to offer HennaSooq’s quality ayurvedic herbs, making it easy for you to purchase all your favorite products at once!
There are many hair tones you can achieve when using senna such as:
- Golden blond
- Strawberry blond (along with henna)
- Copper (along with henna)
How much you need will vary with the thickness of your hair generally you’ll need:
- Shoulder Length: 50g
- Bra Strap Length: 100g
- Waist: 300g
- Classic: 400g
Instructions & Storage
Instructions: All of our hair colors come with a full-color instructional brochure that you can also download here.
- In a bowl add the herbal powder. In a separate container heat distilled water until steaming but not boiling and add, mixing until you have a mud the consistency of pancake batter. Add a few drops of Essential Oil if you wish. Please research your EOs carefully.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set someplace warm. Atop a warm electronic, such as a computer tower works well, or under a warm lamp. Mix occasionally, letting sit for at least 2-4 hours, and no more than 6.
- When ready to use, wash hair but do not condition (or condition very lightly). Section towel-dried hair and work the herbal mud into the hair, making sure not to miss spots. Carefully pile hair atop the head and cover with a shower cap or plastic wrap. Leave on for 2-6 hours, the longer you leave it on the deeper the conditioning benefits and the more colored tones that will be imparted.
- Rinse well with water. If you find rinsing difficult, try soaking your hair in the bathtub or a bucket first, or use a lots of a cheap silicone-free conditioner (like VO5) to aid rinsing.
Storage: The powder can be stored in the freezer for well over a year, so long as it is kept in an airtight bag or container. The mud can be kept frozen for 6 months, and may yield a better stain if frozen.
Gloves are included with 100g purchases. Please select M or L at checkout!